Saturday, February 7, 2009

Why do bad things happen

As I hear on tv about pretty bad things happening around the world I noticed I also hear about some pretty wonderful things people do for each other when bad things happen. A few months ago I remember thinking maybe this is part of why bad things happen - so that we have a chance to show people that they matter to us.

In Job I don't think God told him why all of the horrible things happened to him so I don't think we're supposed to know (at least not always). As I've been reading about these awful things happening to the Egyptians I noticed God explaining each time to Moses that these bad things are happening so that He will be glorified. So, I'm thinking maybe this supports my theory (or at least doesn't seem to refute it) - bad things are allowed to happen so that something really wonderful, that wouldn't have happened otherwise, can also happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment