Sunday, January 4, 2009

January 4: Miscellaneous thoughts

This is the first time I've noticed God saying "us" instead of "me". See Gen. 1:26 ("Let us make human beings in our image, to be like us.") and Gen 11:7 ("Come, let's go down and confuse the people with different languages."). Is this reference to the trinity?

I watched the movie Babel recently and the title now makes sense. It follows four related stories where the group of people in each story speaks a different language. This is what I guessed was the meaning. BTW - I didn't like the movie.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jenni -

    I noticed that also, and I took it to mean the Trinity as well. My Life Application Study Bible confirms this. It also says Kings traditionally use the plural form but I like to think it was God-Three-In-One.

    p.s. Thanks for the warning about the movie!

    ReplyDelete