Wednesday, January 21, 2009

You Can't Take It With You...

I love verse 1:21 in Job:

"I came naked from my mother's womb,
and I will be naked when I leave.
The Lord gave me what I had,
and the Lord has taken it away.
Praise the name of the Lord!"

Oh that we could all have this response when something we love, or something we think we just can't live without, is taken away. In these crazy economic times, I pray that we are all praising God for opening up our eyes rather than just striking us dead! For showing us grace and mercy in spite of our materialistic ways. For forgiving us when we put our 'things' before Him and before our brothers and sisters.

My prayer is that these times will teach us to do without, to make do with less, to live lives focused more on giving than wanting. To remember how blessed we are - yes, by the tangible things but more importantly by our friends and family and the unbelievable love of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment